Photo used for illustrative purposes only
The Nigerian Police have confirmed the death of an artisan who was electrocuted when he came in contact with the high tension wire at a building where he was working.
While speaking to correspondents on Wednesday, the spokesperson of the Nigerian Police in Enugu, Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed that an artisan identified as Uzoma Okpara, has been electrocuted to death at Unity Estate Independence Layout, Enugu.
According to Premium Times, the deceased who is said to be a plumber, died on Tuesday when he ‘unknowingly’ came in contact with the high tension wire located close to a building where he was said to be effecting repairs on a faulty overhead tank.
It was gathered that following the incident,the victim was promptly rushed to a nearby hospital for medical attention but was later confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.
Meanwhile, the body of the deceased has been deposited at the mortuary of the Eastern Nigeria Medical Centre, while the police continue investigation.